Current location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Current role: Software Engineer at Wealthsimple
I'm a software developer specializing in automating marketing strategies and reporting.
Software Engineer - Growth, Wealthsimple - Financial services (Remote, Canada)
- Working on an internal Ruby on Rails service to scale creatives throughput and advertising spend.
Marketing Consultant, Damien Gonot - Sole proprietorship (Montreal, QC)
- Helped a Y Combinator company scale their Google Ads by leveraging Google Ads Scripts.
- Other projects around data reporting, automated Facebook Ads campaigns creation...
User Acquisition Manager, Hopper - Flights & hotels booking app (Montreal, QC)
- Created the Hopper Ads Engine, a collection of Python scripts automatically generating, optimizing and reporting Hopper’s user acquisition strategy.
- Integrated our internal inventory of flights & hotels prices with the ad platforms’ API (Facebook, Snap, Twitter, TikTok…) to generate thousands of daily refreshed creatives.
- Optimized our overall acquisition campaigns to continuously reach our target payback period and LTV/CAC target ratio.
- Reported spend & performance by automatically pulling reports from ad platforms and our Mobile Measurement Platform (AppsFlyer) to BigQuery and Google Spreadsheets.
- Other projects around email marketing, notifications, text-to-speech for video creatives...
Campaigns Manager, Konversion - SEM/SEO agency now part of Accenture (Montreal, QC)
- Managed the digital marketing strategy of multiple clients (insurance, real estate, retail…), including one of the largest Google Ads account in Canada in terms of budget, with a total annual budget of over $15M across accounts.
Customer Acquisition Associate, Busbud - Intercity bus tickets website (Montreal, QC)
- Managed Google Ads and Bing Ads accounts: 8 languages, 1,000,000+ keywords, 50,000,000+ yearly impressions, 3,500,000+ annual clicks with a positive direct ROAS (last click).
- Switched our Google Ads scripts setup to a Google Ads API (with a Python wrapper) setup to have more control on the campaign creation and updates. Built an in-house remarketing setup to replace Criteo.
- On-page SEO, SEO content, interlinking, use of a crawler & log analysis tool (ELK stack).
- Created the Dollar Bus Club (alerts on $1 bus tickets on Twitter and by emails) and Busvsplane.com (Bus vs Plane comparison website, including Uber pricings to/from bus station/airport) as side-projects.
College of Commerce, Exchange Student
National Chengchi University (Taipei, Taiwan)
John Molson School of Business, Visiting Student
Concordia University (Montreal, Quebec)
International BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration), Full-time Student
Kedge Business School (Marseille, France)
Skills & Interests
- Google Ads (including Google Ads Scripts & Google Ads API), Facebook Ads (including Facebook Marketing API), Twitter Ads, Snap Ads, Apple Search Ads, TikTok Ads
- Python, Ruby, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Interests in Functional Programming: Elixir, Clojure, Racket
- Data Science: Pandas & NumPy libraries for Python, Julia, R
- Tools: OS X, Linux, Emacs, Zsh + Tmux + (Neo)Vim, LaTeX
- Last trip: Hong Kong & Seoul (Summer 2019)
- French (native)
- English (bilingual)
- Mandarin Chinese (beginner)